Saturday, June 6, 2020

Giving Back to My Community

In December of 2018, I went to a community Christmas party on the South-Side of Chicago. I wrapped kids for children and families who were coming to the party from the neighborhood. There were a lot of children there who were happy to receive all kinds of books and toys. My favorite part about being there was talking to different kids and watching them sing along to different Christmas carols a band came in to play. There was also food and a number of games that the children could enjoy.

Going into my first community service experiences, I was a little nervous but it felt really good to watch everyone enjoy themselves while giving back to my community.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lit. Review: Human Pressures and Ecosystems

In the course Frontiers, I pushed myself to think of innovative strategies that could change the future of oceans. Through this last unit, ...