Saturday, June 6, 2020

BlackHawk Park



Photographing youth at Blackhawk Park in Chicago is one of my favorite community service experiences because I got to take photos for their website. Blackhawk Park has several different afterschool activities for kids. While I was there I photographed the karate class, the sports club where kids chose to play soccer as their game of the day, and the gymnastics club. I loved photographing the gymnastics class the most because the little girls were so cute. They were also very fascinated by the fact that I had a cool camera, just snapping photos of them tumbling. Many of them couldn't wait for me to take their picture so I could show them.

The kids in the gym were playing an intense game of soccer that was really fun to watch. It was hard to capture good shots of them running around, but I got a few that looked really energetic.

A few weeks later, I was asked by one of the members of the board to come back and film there earth day event. Although it was very rainy that day I thought it was a great way to celebrate earth day. The community decided to plant trees outside of the center and I had to document them. I brought my camera and took videos of them planting trees and moving soil around.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Lit. Review: Human Pressures and Ecosystems

In the course Frontiers, I pushed myself to think of innovative strategies that could change the future of oceans. Through this last unit, ...