Sunday, June 7, 2020

Health + Wellness- Quigong and Taichi as meditation

When everyone had to go in quarantine, my mental health worsened along with my physical health. I was sitting in bed all day even when I had to wake up for remote learning. It drained me and I'd have no energy throughout the day. I decided that mediation and practicing and self-awareness may help me deal with some of my feelings. For about 5 days, I practiced meditating through movement. I would focus on a positive thought or emotion and focus all of my energy on it. After a while, my problems would drift away and my body would get lighter. I discovered that Taichi and qigong are also good things to practice for meditation and movement. While I mostly learned about a few taichi stances and positions, I enjoyed qigong the most. Qigong is a meditation used for spirituality, mental and physical health, and martial arts training. When I'd feel tired and unmotivated in the beginning of the day, I practiced a 20-minute qigong routine I found on Youtube almost every day. I also began watching other videos to help with my mood and energy like Qidong Mood Lifter and Quigong for Flow for Brain Optimization. 


A video of me practicing Eight Pieces of Silk Brocade Qidong exercise 










Other videos I watched during my quarantine:
-  Qigong to Purge and Tonify: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GtFp6sz5zM
- Quigong full 20-minute daily routine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwlvTcWR3Gs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lit. Review: Human Pressures and Ecosystems

In the course Frontiers, I pushed myself to think of innovative strategies that could change the future of oceans. Through this last unit, ...