Sunday, June 7, 2020

""SWEET TOOTH"", THE ZINE.


I created a zine for my independent study called Sweet Tooth. A zine is basically a mini-magazine or booklet that is mostly produced and printed independently and then distributed. Since my junior year, I've been compiling different work that I've made like collages, photography, sketches, etc. and trying to make a book out of them. In the future, I plan on being a working artist so the question that I tried to answer while completing this zine is, how can I produce, print, and promote my own work independently? When I started this independent study, I started off by scanning photos that I took along with the art that was in my sketchbooks. I then organized different pieces into five different chapters. Each chapter represents the feeling of youthfulness in the city and the beautiful experiences that come with it. I named it Sweet Tooth because eating candy reminds me of being a kid. I wanted to connect the sweet moments to the bitter ones that we face as teenagers. My photography in my zine also represents freedom, love, and power.

One of my favorite chapters is "Teens in Quarantine" because I captured all of the photos over Facetime and Google Hangouts but you can barely tell.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Lit. Review: Human Pressures and Ecosystems

In the course Frontiers, I pushed myself to think of innovative strategies that could change the future of oceans. Through this last unit, ...