Thursday, December 20, 2018

Movie Critic For A Day

In this unit, we learned a lot about post production, cinematography, lighting, acting, and more. In my elective course, Ollywood we recently watched the movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest directed by Milos Forman. This movie follows the life of a man named Randle Murphy who ends up in a mental institution. Through this experience he learns a lot about the people in the institution and himself. While watching this movie we had to take notes on the acting and the purpose of the film. We also had to pay attention to the lighting and framing choices and how they moved the story. For our Action Project in this unit, we had to act as the film critics Gene Sikel and Roger Ebert. After choosing a partner and movie, I analyzed the film Psycho (1960) and discussed the lighting, angles, acting, and more. Although this Action Project was difficult because of the editing and focus we had to give the movie, I had so much fun making this with my partner, Moriah. I felt like a real film critic and learned about what made a great review. This was a lot different than writing a review because I felt like I could be a little more flexible with what I pointed out and said. I especially enjoyed watching the movie and seeing my reactions change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lit. Review: Human Pressures and Ecosystems

In the course Frontiers, I pushed myself to think of innovative strategies that could change the future of oceans. Through this last unit, ...